Carl Frederik Aagaard (1833 - 1895) went to Copenhagen in 1852 and attended the art academy. He works as a xylograph and eraser for his brother Johann Peter. Meanwhile, Georg Christian Hilker trains him as a decorative painter. In the course of his life he painted a wide variety of decorations, either alone or with other artists, such as in the chapel of King Christian IV in Roskilder Cathedral, in the Royal Theater and the Count's seat in Frijsenborg. Aagaard left the academy in 1853 to study with Peter Christian Skovgaard, who had the greatest influence on him. He began to paint landscapes and in 1857 had his first major successes. He won several prizes and in 1892 he was awarded the title of professor.