Jacques Lagrange initially studied at the École nationale des arts décoratifs from 1933, before continuing his studies at the École des beaux-arts in Paris from 1938 to 1839. In addition to Raoul Dufy, he equips the electricity pavilion at the 1937 World's Fair in Paris. A year later he won the painting prize at the École des beaux-arts. In 1944 Lagrange moved his studio to Arcueil and began to design his first tapestries in collaboration with the École d’Aubusson. After the Second World War, he sought a balance between light and geometric shapes in both representational and abstract motifs in his paintings. He regularly exhibits his works in the Salon de Mai. Through his friendship with the director Jacques Tati, he equips many films from the 50s to 70s and becomes a style icon for interior and design.